Saga Castle History Museum
History of Saga played a trailblazing role in modernization of Japan at Bakumatsu-Meiji period.
The partial restoration of Saga castle keep is amazing. You will know the history for Saga to contribute to the modernization of Japan at Bakumatsu-Meiji period. During the period of Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Expo, it is scheduled to hold three special exhibitions with the theme of technology, people and ambition in Saga domain at Bakumatsu-Meiji period.
Special exhibition during the expo.
Technology exhibition at Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji period ~ The Industrial Revolution in Japan began in Saga~(March 17~May 13, 2018)
The first round of the special exhibitions of "Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Expo". An important cultural property, a letter written by Naomasa Nabeshima addressed to Nirayama local governor Hidetatsu Egawa, and Heine watercolor painting which is original picture of "Admiral Perry Yokohama landing" familiar in textbooks will be released for the first time in Kyushu. In addition, materials for Tōdayu Motoshima, a gun manufacturing specialist and Kanji Ishiguro, smelting expert will be on display for the first time.
Children's Restoration Laboratory (permanent during the Expo period)
An experience-based amusement space for children with the theme under Let's have fun and study the history of Saga appears in the Sotogoshoin. Children can learn various things including Digie (digital painting) and gimmicky chronology!
Aiko Chihira will also appear from Toshiba Group founded by Hisashige Tanaka who was active as a refining expert. Aiko Chihira is a cutting-edge android and Professor Hiroshi Ishiguro of Osaka University, a world's leading robot researcher, also participated in the development of the robot.
- People exhibition at Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji period~ Human development in Saga supported modern Japan~(July 6~ September 9, 2018)
- 'Ambition' exhibition at Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji period - Saga people opened the way to the north and south - (November 1, 2018 ~January 14, 2019)
The details of facilities
- 2-18-1 Jōnai, Saga city
- 9: 30 thru 18: 00
- Year-end holidays
- Admission fee
- Free (Donation is appreciated.)
- Related Links
- Saga Castle History Museum
- (From the direction of Saga station)
•From Saga station bus center, get off a bus at Museum front or Saga Castle remnants and then about 1 minute on foot
•About 25 minutes from Nagasaki Expressway Saga Yamato interchange
(From Kyushu Saga International Airport)
•Get off a bus at Museum front and about 1 minute on foot
- Parking Lot
- Available (free)
- Contact address
- Phone: 0952-41-7550
- Acceptable (Please enter through the slope entrance.)
- Assistance dog (guide dog, hearing assistance dog, partner dog) Accompanied admission
- Baby strollers
- Acceptable (Free rental at the reception area)
- Toilets for the disabled
- Two locations in the hall (one place ostomate compatible)
One place in the parking lot
- Parking for the disabled
- 4 cars