Nagasaki Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Museum
Time traveled to Nagasaki in the restoration period at the end of Edo 1868
Nagasaki prefecture sets up an exhibition hall in Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Expo venue. The exhibition tells how young ambitious people learned new knowledge in Nagasaki and Saga to accomplish the modernization of Japan. Nagasaki was such a unique port exposed to the Western influence under the policy of isolation policy and import various goods and knowledge from overseas that people from various parts of Japan were attracted to Nagasaki. The Saga domain and the Fukuoka domain took turns every year to guard the port of Nagasaki, but the Phaeton incident of 1808 happened in 1808 when the Saga domain was on duty. After that, let's take a look at Nagasaki together in about half a century and what role the Saga domain played in Meiji Restoration after that incident.
Hikoma Ueno introduces The Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration and Nagasaki · Saga
1. What kind of person was Hikoma Ueno? There was a lot of hardship before the photographs settled in Japan. A manga tells the story.
2. Time trip to Ueno Hikoma's time. The Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration and Nagasaki · Saga The theme video (about 7 minutes). Hikoma Ueno will tell you about Nagasaki in the Edo period, Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration, and the modernization of Japan.
Theme graphic The Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration and Nagasaki · Saga
Further commentary on graphics. Topics information, quizzes, and also instagrammable shot corner.
Commemorative photo at Ueno photograph studio!
Commemorative photo together with celebrities at the Bakumatsu-Meiji period in commemoration of your visit. You can have the data of the taken picture by accessing it with the Two dimensions barcode.
Mutual discount with Nagasaki's the Bakumatsu-Meiji Period related facilities
Mutual discount of admission fee is eligible among Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Memorial Museum, Real Kōdōkan, Hagakure Miraikan and the Bakumatsu-Meiji Period related facilities in Nagasaki city.
Nagasaki's facilities related to the Bakumatsu-Meiji Period
- Nagasaki Museum of History and Culture
- The Former Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Nagasaki Branch Museum / The Nagasaki Museum of Modern-Era Exchange, Sun Yat-sen & Umeya Shokichi
- Glover Garden NAGASAKI
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Nagasaki Shipbuilding Historical Museum
The details of facilities
- Saga Tamaya Building 1F (2-5 Nakanokoji Saga city, Saga Prefecture)
- 10: 00 thru 18: 30
- Same as Tamaya closing days
- Admission fee
- (From Saga station direction)
•About 15 minutes on foot to the direction of the prefectural government office building
•Get off a bus at “Nakanokoji” from Saga Station bus center and then just a short walk
•About 25 minutes from Nagasaki Expressway Saga Yamato interchange
(From Kyushu Saga International Airport)
•Get off a bus at "Prefectural Government Office building" and then about 2 minutes on foot
- Parking Lot
- Tamaya parking lot. (subject to fee)
- Contact address
- Phone: 070-3964-7248 (Nagasaki Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Museum)
Phone: 095-895-2762 (Nagasaki Prefectural Culture Promotion Division)
Fax: 095-829-2336 (Nagasaki Prefectural Culture Promotion Division)
Mail: email@example.com (Nagasaki Prefectural Culture Promotion Division)
- Assistance dog (guide dog, hearing assistance dog, partner dog) Accompanied admission
- Baby strollers
- Acceptable (Strollers are available at Main Building · South Building for free)
- Toilets for the disabled
- Available (One at Main building 5th floor: One at South Building 7th floor)
- Parking for the disabled
- Saga Tamaya Multilevel parking facility: 4 cars