Experience the legendary domain school
When you are introduced to the domain school, Kōdōkan, you can experience the learning by great figures such as Shigenobu Okuma and Shinpei Eto who were builders of a Japanese modern foundation.
A day at the Kōdōkan
When approaching the graphic panel set up in a manga style, you will hear an audio guidance introduction in your ear about the characteristic learning system of Kōdōkan at that time, including the dormitory life and the debate with local lords.
Kōdōkan Exploration map
Kōdōkan with a site area of 5,400 tsubo, equipped with large halls, martial arts places, kitchens and so on. Touching the table-like plan view revives the atmosphere of the room at that time with an illustration.
A corner is also in place to digitally judge sodoku (reading aloud) of Chinese books such as Analects and the book of Mencius.
The Memories of Ōkuma Shigenobu
This is a mini theater looking back at the young days of Shigenobu Okuma, a great politician who served twice as Prime Minister, studied in Kōdōkan with his classmates. Here you can also experience learning how to read Chinese classics in the same way that Shigenobu Okuma practiced through direct teaching by a teacher.
The details of facilities
- 3-15 Yanagimachi, Saga City (former Koga residence)
- 9: 30 thru 18: 00 (Admission is until 17: 30)
- Open every day
- Admission fee
- (From the direction of Saga station)
•About 20 minutes on foot to the direction of the prefectural government office building
•Get off a bus at Gofukumotomachi from the direction of Saga station bus center and then about 2 minutes on foot
•About 25 minutes from Nagasaki Expressway Saga Yamato interchange
(From Kyushu Saga International Airport)
•Get off a bus at Kenchōmae the bus stop in front of the prefectural government office to change a bus at Sagajinjamae to Gofukumotomachi and then about 2 minutes on foot
- Parking Lot
- •Saga museum of history and folk culture parking lot (free)
•Old Fukuda Residence Parking lot(free)
•Hizen Tsūsentei Parking lot (free)
- Contact address
- Phone: 0952-37-0181
- Wheelchairs are allowed in the facility.
However, you will be required to use an indoor wheelchair prepared by the organizer.
- Assistance dog (guide dog, hearing assistance dog, partner dog) Accompanied admission
- Baby strollers
- Not Allowed (Temporary kept outside the hall)
- Toilets for the disabled
- One toilet at former Koga Bank and Hizen Tsūsentei, respectively (Ostomate Compatible) ※ Available while the opening of Hizen Tsūsentei
- Parking for the disabled
- Hizen Tsūsentei parking lot (3 cars)